We hope it's easy for you to get your Skimdevil Pure registered and in your pool quickly and easily. But, we know that's not always the case. Check out the below for some quick solutions to some more common issues.
My Skimdevil won't run. It turns on, but doesn't start and doesn't clean. What's going on?
- Is it charged? It could be dead and needs a little juice. You can plug it into your wall or let it sit in the sun for 1-2 hours.
- Also, have you registered your Skimdevil? You must register your Skimdevil for it to start cleaning. It will turn on, but it will not start unless it has been registered. To register your Skimdevil, check out this page.
- Are you pressing the power button and holding it down? That will cause the Skimdevil to repeatedly turn on and turn off. You should only need to press and release the power button for your Skimdevil to turn on; no long hold needed.
- Please make sure you press the START button if you want to start a cleaning schedule. If you do not press the START button, the Skimdevil will turn off after 30 minutes of inactivity.
- If you're still having issues, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Why is my Skimdevil turning before a wall? Or in the middle of the pool?
- The answer—sensors! We use infrared sensors and they are occasionally impacted by shadows and significant changes in temperature. Your Skimdevil may appear to turn around obstacles that aren't present. This is expected behavior. Don't worry! It's totally ok.
I keep getting an error when I try to register and I can't connect to wifi. What can I do?
- Sometimes, if you have a lot of wifi networks in your error, it will be difficult for your Skimdevil wifi to connect and run through the registration process. There are few things you can try:
- Try connecting on your desktop instead of via your mobile app.
- Try turning off your Skimdevil and turning off your wifi. Then, turn it back on and try wifi connection for registration again.
- Try forgetting your Skimdevil's wifi network. Then, try connecting again.
- Check out our page for troubleshooting here.
- If it's still not working, shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's up with the cleaning schedule and the cleaning cycle?
- A cleaning schedule: a window of time for your Skimdevil to run and clean. Example: 8:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
- A cleaning cycle: the length of time your Skimdevil will clean. Example: 20 minutes running/40 minutes paused.
Can you explain the START Button?
- The Skimdevil START button does TWO things:
- The START button starts a cleaning cycle. Regardless of the time or schedule, it will start cleaning. If you press the START button outside of your schedule, the Skimdevil will run for 1 cycle and then stop. It will resume the schedule when your schedule starts again.
- The START button also starts the cleaning schedule and cycle. For example, if press START within your scheduled window, it will kick-off the cleaning schedule and immediately start cleaning.
My Skimdevil isn't running but I know it's charged and registered—what's going on?
- The Skimdevil is sleeping—it's waiting for the next cleaning schedule.
- You have turned it on, pressed START, and the Skimdevil has completed its cleaning cycles within the scheduled cleaning window. This can happen between daytime short cleaning schedules or between nighttime cleaning schedules.
- Example: Your cleaning schedule is set for 8 a.m.-5 p.m. every day. Your Skimdevil will complete its last cleaning cycle at 5:15 p.m. and then go to sleep after 30 minutes of no activity. It will wake itself up 30 minutes before the cleaning schedule the next day.
- The Skimdevil is idle and needs a command.
- If you power it on, but don't press START, the Skimdevil will turn itself off after 30 minutes.
When the Skimdevil is asleep or turned off, you won't be able to tell what is going on from the app. If you're not sure what's going on, turn the Skimdevil on via the POWER button. and check the status in your app.
What's up with the blue light on the battery button? What does it mean?
- This light indicates that the bot is starting up and connecting to a network. This happens when you turn the Skimdevil on. It will turn off after it loads up.
- This light is also a charging indicator. The blue battery light will be pulsing when solar or AC charging
- When the blue light is steady two things can be happening:
- The battery is fully charged.
- If you are in the middle of a firmware update, the battery button will be a steady blue as well. It will go off after the firmware is updated.
How do I reset my Skimdevil?
- Simply turn it from ON to OFF and back again, via the power button.
I turned my Skimdevil OFF from my app. What's going on?
- If you turn your Skimdevil OFF from your app, it is off. You need to manually turn it back ON and press the START button, if you want it to start cleaning again.
To update your Skimdevil with the latest software:
- This can be done via the web app. You should receive an email that an update is available OR you can check your firmware version in the web app.
- Go to: DEVICE SETTINGS--->FIRMWARE VERSION--->Firmware