The Registration Station
Hi there! Let's get your Skimdevil Pure setup so you can start skimming! Please follow the instructions below to register your Skimdevil Pure. Remember, your warranty is only valid if you register your Skimdevil. All pre-order Skimdevils also have an extended 2-year warranty.
Have your home wifi password handy!
Let's get started :)
Connecting to wifi
- Make sure your Skimdevil is charged up and ready to go! It should be charged out of the box.
- Hit the power button to turn on your Skimdevil.
- The green power light and the blue battery light will both turn on. The blue light should blink three times and then hold steady.
- On your desktop or phone pull up your wifi settings.
- In your wifi settings, search for "Skimdevil-SERIAL NUMBER". Please select this network. The serial number is a random set of numbers unique to each Skimdevil. Example: "Skimdevil-ac4be3932ba".
- A password prompt will appear. Please use the password "cleanpool".
Registering your Skimdevil
- Now, a "Log In" window should pop up with a list of your wifi networks.
- Select your home wifi network and enter your password. Tap CONNECT. If it is successful, you should see a "Skimdevil WiFi Connected" pop-up.
- On this screen, enter your preferred email address and hit REGISTER. This is the email address that will be linked with your Skimdevil account. “A confirmation email was just sent…” screen should then appear.
- Tap RESET SKIMDEVIL — the window should close in a few seconds.
- Head to your email account. Open the Skimdevil confirmation email and click the confirmation link. This will take you to the web app to a "Create New Account" page. “Skimdevil linked…” will be in green at the bottom of this page.
- Create your Skimdevil account. You will then be prompted to login.
- You are now registered! Wooohooo!!!
- Place your Skimdevil in your pool and press START. It will start running the default cleaning window. You can customize this cleaning window in the web app.
When you turn on your Skimdevil post-registration, the blue light will turn on with the green light while it's booting up. It will then turn off when your Skimdevil is ready to clean.
We're in the process of our getting our iPhone app approved by Apple and are creating our Android version. In the meantime, we've created a mobile-friendly web app that works with all devices. #startuplife.
PLEASE NOTE: You will use your email and password from registration to login into the web app.