The Registration Station
Hi there! Let's get your Skimdevil Pure setup so you can start skimming! Please follow the instructions below to register your Skimdevil Pure. Remember, your warranty is only valid if you register your Skimdevil. All pre-order Skimdevils also have an extended 2-year warranty.
Have your home wifi password handy!
Let's get started :)
For mobile and desktop setup:
Connecting to wifi
- Make sure your Skimdevil is charged up and ready to go!
- Hit the power button to turn on your Skimdevil.
- The green power light and the blue battery light will both turn on. The blue light should blink three times and then hold steady, eventually turning off.
- In your phone, pull up your wifi settings. Make sure your phone knows to search for available networks. If you are setting up your Skimdevil via your computer, please go to your computer's wifi settings.
- In your wifi settings, "Skimdevil-SERIAL NUMBER" should appear. Please select this.The serial number is a random set of numbers unique to each Skimdevil. Example: "Skimdevil-ac4be3932ba".
- A password prompt will appear. Please use the password "cleanpool".
Registering your Skimdevil
- Now, a "Log In" window should pop up with a list of your wifi networks.
- Select your home wifi network and enter your password. Tap CONNECT. If it is successful, you should see a "Skimdevil WiFi Connected" pop-up.
- On this screen, enter your preferred email address and hit REGISTER. This is the email address that will be linked with your Skimdevil account. “A confirmation email was just sent…” screen should then appear.
- Tap RESET SKIMDEVIL — the window should close in a few seconds.
- Head to your email account. Open the Skimdevil confirmation email and click the confirmation link. This will take you to the web app to a "Create New Account" page. “Skimdevil linked…” will be in green at the bottom of this page.
- Create your Skimdevil account, then login.
- You are now registered! Wooohooo!!!
PLEASE NOTE: You will use your email and password to login into the web app. The web app link is here.
DROP IN AND GET SKIMMING!
You can press "START: on your robot, either manually or with the web app, and it will start cleaning your pool with preset settings. Or, to customize and explore different settings, get the web app below.
NEXT STOP—APP TIME!
We're in the process of our getting our iPhone app approved by Apple and are creating our Android version. In the meantime, we've created a mobile-friendly web app that works with all devices. #startuplife.